Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Today was a better day.

I slept crazily last night.  I was seemingly up every hour because my body was telling me that I had overslept.  I had not, in fact, over slept at all.  But the resulting implications of interrupted sleep last night came at 6:15 this morning, when Landry came to do his morning routine of a little cuddle with Mom before the day gets started.  I shut my eyes for "just one second" and suddenly, it was 6:47.  We made it to school on time.  One of the kids turned off the heater downstairs last night, and the temp was 19 degrees outside, so walking onto the linoleum floors this morning and being slapped with the cold air was not exactly fun.  It took the better part of an hour to warm up the space.  The digital readout on the thermometer read 57 degrees when we first got down there, but I would swear it was colder than that.

One of my Year Of Abbey goals is to weigh less. I went to the YMCA this morning with a friend and it felt good to be out exercising. I walked briskly for about 1.5 miles. I then rode the stationary bike for 2.5 miles. We got there a little late, and we were only able to stay there for about 40 minutes due to me having to go to school, but it was still great.  Factor in my nearly 1.5 miles I am walking for school in the mornings, and we shall call this the start of a success.

Class this morning was hard.  I don't understand her very well, partially because of her thick German accent, and partially because I don't understand what we are doing. In talking to some other students about the quiz yesterday they were all in agreement - they didn't know a lot on the test either.  That really made me feel better. I am going to do some studying today on factoring polynomials, and binomials, as the Professor said that knowing how to do those well will make the class 100 times easier.  About an hour into class, I started to get a teeny tiny little bit of understanding on what we are doing, but of course we are moving on tomorrow to something new.  Which is why I have to study, study, study.

Tonight, we will attend a meeting for my husband's Army unit, and we will get a better window of days for his return.  It's just go-go-go for the next few days, and I'm totally okay with that.

Have a great day!  I'm trying to.

1 comment:

  1. Yea for working out!!! You'll be ready for a race in no time!

    ReplyDelete